Cub Scout Pack 659 is chartered with the Nysmith School in Herndon, Virginia and is part of the Powhatan District, National Capital Area Council of BSA.
Our focus is to provide a variety of activities to promote the core goals of Scouting - Citizenship, Character Development, and Personal Fitness (both mental and physical) in a safe and nurturing environment for boys AND girls who attend Nysmith School in kindergarten through 5th grade.
Want to learn more about Cub Scouting? Visit BeAScout.org
Interested in joining Cub Scouts? Download Youth Application Form
Want to speak with a Unit Leader? Contact Us
What are some of the things we do in Pack 659?
- The Pack (all members) meets once a month to celebrate various achievements & participate in various activities
- Dens meet weekly or biweekly to conduct age-appropiate activites and work on achievements needed for Scouts to earn their next badge of rank.
- Review the Cub Scout Trail of Advancement (below) for additional information on the various badges of rank and requirements to achieve that rank below
- The Pack supports the Scouting for Food campaign by collecting non-perishable food items for donation to local food pantry and shelters
- Members participate in an annual fundraising activity by selling Trail's End popcorn
- The funds earned support/offset the cost of rechartering and various activities for all the Scouts throughout the Scouting year
- The Pack holds 2-4 overnight campouts in early fall and late spring at regional BSA Council approved campsites
- The Pack holds the annual Pinewood Derby races--a highlight of Cub Scouting!--and may hold other contests such as a Raingutter Regatta.
- The Pack holds its Blue & Gold Banquet each spring to celebrate each Scout's achievements and to see our 5th graders cross over to become members of Scouting BSA troops.
- During the summer, Pack 659 visits CubWorld Resident Overnight Camp at Camp William B. Snyder in Haymarket, VA.
- ... and a whole lot more!